- $40 per day
- Pickup Available from Austin
The KM 184 is capable of handling high sound pressure levels with ease - as high as 138dB before overloading. But it's also extremely quiet, making it an excellent choice for capturing the subtle nuances of acoustic guitars and orchestral instruments. And you get that classic Neumann sound!
This listing is only for one mic, but I have two. If you want to rent both, check out my other listings.
Neumann KM 184 Condenser Microphone Features:
- Small-diaphragm condenser mic
- Of the "fet 100" series with a transformerless microphone circuit
- Capsule with cardiod pick-up pattern
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise (16dB A-weighted)
- Exceptionally high overload capacity (up to 138dB SPL before overload)
- Exceptionally clear sound reproduction free of coloration
- Very smooth frequency curves parallel to 0 degrees sound incidence
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency range
- Equivalent loudness level due to inherent noise: 16dB (DIN/IEC 651 dB-A), 25dB (CCIR 468-3 weighted)
- S/N ratio re:1Pa @ 1kHz, (CCIR 468-3 weighted) 69dB (S/N = 94dB - equiv. noise) A-weighted: 78dB
- Max SPL for less than 0.5% THD: 138dB
- Total dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (Max SPL-self noise): 122dB
- Requires 48V phantom powering +/-4 V"